Janice Burch, Co-Founder, Pro Resume Center, LLC
Ever wanted to work for the CIA? How about Amazon – in Thailand or Seattle? What about Riot Games, Wall Street Journal, Google or National Geography?
College students and soon-to-be-grads – your oyster awaits.
Start your application process now. Some of these valuable internships close their summer 2015 applications Oct. 15 while others maintain a rolling application period into the early part of next year.
But you know the saying – the early bird gets the worm. Whether applying to one of the big dogs or hoping to secure something in your hometown or nearby city, the time to start working on this is now. College career fairs are ramping up – companies will be represented at these fairs and you will want your resume and cover letter material ready to impress. Don’t wait – deadlines are right around the corner friends and YOU deserve a shot at a dream internship.
These companies are in search of passionate, assertive, inquisitive, intelligent minds of the future to lead their companies. They need technical engineers, computer software specialists, human resource personnel, marketing and branding students, and so much more.
Many of these companies provide housing and or pay. See a sampling and links to hot internships below and important deadlines:
- NFL – A 6-12 month internship program, internships available in all aspects of running a professional sports team including operations, marketing, finance, HR, and more. Sept. 26, 2014 deadline. First round of interviews with selected applicants begins Oct. 13. Summer internship program application also available online now.
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) – Oct. 15 deadline.
- Riot Games (makers of League of Legends, looking for tech, art and grad students) – Oct. 15 deadline for Summer 2015.
- Amazon – rolling deadlines, pick from positions, locations around the world.
- Google.com (software engineering interns – LA, San Fran, Boston, Madison, more) – taking applications now.
- Apple – rolling deadlines, internship opportunities across the U.S. for Summer 2015, postings bega last week. Prepare now, apply early.
- Wall Street Journal – Work in NYC (or any one of their offices around the globe) for one of the most respected news sources in the business. Wanna-be journalists, especially those who want to focus on business and finance reporting, should get their resume, cover letter and supporting materials/portfolio together and deliver by the Nov. 15 deadline.
- Harley Davidson – Finance/Accounting Majors – (perk: Successful completion of Summer 2015 internship qualifies you to apply for Finance Excellence training program for 2016.) Postings up, will be removed when filled.
- National Geographic – Internships for geography or cartography majors; National Geographic Magazine internships for journalism, photography or multimedia majors. Highly competitive. Postings up – deadlines not noted.
- Disney Corporation – Digital Production Internship. Recent graduate in Business Management, Advertising, Marketing, or Communications with a strong Technical track, or Web Design and Development to work at Disney (Orlando) under the Director of Production on multiple Disney sites, tracking to improve websites, processes, user experience.
Also, do not forget to utilize your college career center to the best of your ability. Advocate, request and keep appointments with career center advisors, reach out to your instructors and professors to learn about pending internships and ask if they will make recommendations for you.
If you need further help navigating the application process or excellent guidance and help with your resume, cover letter or establishing a gallery or LinkedIn profile, get in touch with us. We understand the challenges faced by today’s college grads to snag these coveted spots that could very well lead to your first post-college position and we want to help.
We have guided so many job applicants at every level of their career, from intern, to entry level to middle management, CEOs, doctors, researchers and operations managers get the job they want. If you need help, check out our company at www.proresumecenter.com. We have student friendly pricing that offers incredible value to get you started. We also write a current and helpful blog with critical information to help you succeed at www.proresumecenter.com/blog.
Go get it!
We love to hear from our readers and clients. Please let us know what you think of this article or if you have something valuable to add by commenting below. In addition, share this article by using any of the social media sharing buttons below.
Pro Resume Center, LLC offers the best resume writing and cover letter services available, along with personal consultations and coaching for every stage of your career. We provide one-on-one service via phone or Google hangouts and Skype with EVERY purchase, connecting you with experienced, seasoned professionals who understand how to strategically position you for job search success. To find out why Pro Resume Center, LLC is the best choice to help with your job search CLICK HERE.
Now servicing [imwb_cgt_cityName], [imwb_cgt_regionName] and nationwide!